Wednesday 28 March 2012

DIY Project- Plastic Drawers Makeover

I started with just a regular set of drawers and bought some scrapbook paper; you can get this at your local Michaels store, or at any craft supply store. It only took me 3 sheets, but probably buy 4 or 5 so you can play around with the different colours. I bought a 4th sheet but didn't like the way it looked so decided not to use it.

All you need to do is measure the height of the drawers, and cut the paper to that measurement. The paper I used didn't quite make the full width but I just centred it and it seems to look fine. Once you have the paper in the place you want, you just need to tape it in place. You can tape it however you want, I rolled the pieces of tape and put the rolls between the paper and the front of the drawer on the inside. There is probably a better way to tape them, because you can see the tape on the dark purple drawer. Play around with it until you're happy.

There you go; a super easy way to make an eye-s0re into an interesting organizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment