Wednesday 28 March 2012

Spinach and Chick Tortilla Bake - Rachel Ray



Spinach and Chicken Tortilla Bake

Even though this is originally a Rachel Ray recipe (Which I will include below) I made a few changes.
I couldn't find any salsa verde in my grocery store, so I left it out. I also replaced the shredded pepper jack cheese with shredded marble cheese. I'm not a huge fan of spiciness so thats why I excluded some of the ingredients. The outcome was delicious, but make sure you use fresh spinach and not frozen, because it gets VERY soggy and disgusting... I learned the hard way.

ENJOY!


Recipe from Rachel Ray

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 chicken cutlets (about 1 pound)
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups store-bought salsa verde
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
4 large (8″) flour tortillas
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3 cups baby spinach (about 1/4 pound)
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese

Preheat the oven to 450°. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then shred the meat.

Whisk together the salsa verde and ricotta; season with salt and pepper. In a greased 9-inch square baking dish, layer one-third of the salsa mixture, tortillas, chicken, onion, spinach and pepper jack; repeat twice. Bake until golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Yield: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment