Friday 22 March 2013

Slow Cooker Zesty BBQ Chicken


Slow Cooker Zesty BBQ Chicken



Ingredients:

  • 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut in half (I only used 4, judge by the number of servings you need, but if you're going to use more definitely add extra sauce!)
  • 1 Regular Bottle of BBQ Sauce (I used Kraft Chicken & Rib and it turned out perfectly)
  • 1/2 Cup of Italian salad dressing (I used Kraft's Italian dressing)
  • 1/4 Brown Sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce



Directions:
  • Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
  • Place the cover, and cook on Medium-High for 3 to 5 hours. Any more then that will dry the chicken out.
  • (Optional) I've seen on other similar recipes that some people will take out the chicken after 3 hours and shred it, and then put them back in for another couple of hours. Below I have a picture where someone actually put it on a bun for a delicious sandwhich, but I didn't do that, I just left the chicken in halves and I definitely didn't have any complaints!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment