Thursday 19 April 2012

Visit to The Rooms, April 17th 2012

On Tuesday, April 17th, I decided I would visit the local Museum, The Rooms, for the day. It was probably the nicest day of the year so far, but I didn't want to go walking around downtown alone so I thought I'd enjoy the beautiful view from The Rooms(pictures below). After I went to all of the art galleries and museum exhibits I decided to go to the Archives which are located inside the building. The archives hold all of the documents(ie birth, marriage, and death certificates) for the whole province of Newfoundland. You pay a $10 entrance fee, and then you're a member for life! Pretty sweet deal in my opinion. I didn't have a chance to find much on the first visit because by the time I got set up, I was starving as it was supper time.

Here are a couple of pictures of St. John's from the  viewing gallery on the second floor of The Rooms. Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment